Community Advisory Group Established
The City of Regina has formally established a Community Advisory Group to help guide development of Regina’s Energy & Sustainability Framework (ESF).
The group will be consulted regularly throughout the development of the ESF and will provide feedback on the recommendations in the Framework report before it is considered by City Council in late 2021.
The City extended invitations earlier this year to more than 60 organizations to seek interest in being participants. The Community Advisory Group includes members from more than 25 organizations representing environmental and sustainable energy advocacy, economic development, business, industry, education, labour unions, social and well-being groups and the Indigenous community.
Membership on the Community Advisory Group is as follows:
- Accessibility Advisory Committee (City of Regina)
- Co-op Refinery Complex
- CUPE Local 21
- David Suzuki Foundation
- Distributed Energy Association of Saskatchewan
- Economic Development Regina
- Fridays for Future Regina
- File Hills Qu'Appelle Tribal Council
- Metis Nation of SK
- Miller Highschool Environmental Club
- Regina Citizens Public Transit Coalition (RCPTC)
- Regina Catholic School Division
- Regina Civic Middle Management Association (RCMMA)
- Regina & District Chamber of Commerce
- Regina & Region Home Builders' Assoc.
- Righting Relations Regina
- Saskatchewan Electric Vehicle Assoc.
- Saskatchewan Environmental Society
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Senior's University Group
- Unifor Local 594
- University of Regina
- Wascana Solar Co-operative Ltd.
Consultation has concluded